Thursday, February 23, 2012

A mini book discussion

A good book.  There's nothing like it.
I just read one and I'm recommending it.
It's a book by an author about an author interviewing a famous author. Suffice it to say everyone in this book loves words and books and the telling of a good story. And, by the way, there actually is a pretty interesting story within the pages as an added bonus. There's even a little mystery to figure out. It has almost everything Awesome.

A writer/reader friend of mine borrowed the book to me and it came out around 2006.. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find but it's worth a little hunt if you love getting caught up in the world of storytelling..


11/22/63 by Stephen King (2011, Hardcover, Signed)
My book club is currently reading this book.

This one will be much easier to find because it's his latest book  but beware... it's a long story but it was a fast read for me and I was immediately caught up in the story and this is another great book.

I've read three or four other Stephen King books (includng "On Writing" because I definately admire his talents as a writer) but I'm not a dedicated reader of his novels (the gory stuff and all). This book, however, is an adventure ... one that includes a little time travel which is always fun to contemplate and he has created such interesting characters to travel with.
Stephen King - I'm hooked and this tale was entertaining enough that I'm going to pick up some of the books by you that I've previously passed up before and was too scared to read..

My next book?  Until our bookclub meets next week to pick a new title I'm starting The Hunger Games. I wanted to read it before I saw the movie and my daughter already had all three in the series.

What are you reading? If it's something you'd like to recommend, drop me a line - Summers coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment